turn up volume on soundcard software

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 19 11:27:28 UTC 2010

On Thu Feb 18,2010 03:36:23 PM Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> There is never a speaker out, only line level (or headphone).  A PC
> can't drive speakers directly (other than headphones), at least not
> in a useful way.

Not entirely true. I've seen both motherboards and sound cards with a
built in audio amplifier sufficient to drive small speakers to a
reasonable volume. Jumpers or configuration settings are provided to
select either line or speaker levels to the output jack.

These were older products, though. It may not be so common these days
(but never say never).

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **
**     Toronto, Ontario, Canada     **