Soundblaster - was Re:turn up volume on soundcard software

Andrej Marjan amarjan-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 18 23:49:05 UTC 2010

On February 18, 2010 03:36:23 pm you wrote:

> True.  Of course on my sb live, going above about 80% causes clipping
> (someone did a stupid design apparently).  That's rather unusual though.

Going off on a tangent, I have an Audigy 2 which is quite nice and has a
fantastic DAC on it and I have it connected to an old analog receiver that
acts as an amplifier.

Under Windows XP, it's also very loud. Under everything else (including newer
Windowses), it's a lot quieter. I have to turn up the volume on the receiver
considerably to get the same output. Of course that introduces noise from the
receiver.

I don't suppose anyone here knows of a way to boost its output under Alsa to
something comparable to the Windows XP setting? I haven't been able to find
anything too useful myself.

Thanks.