turn up volume on soundcard software

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 17 19:30:09 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

Are you using ALSA? Usually when I use alsa with sound cards I need to
fiddle around with alsamixer.

You can run alsamixer from the command line to increase the sound and
change options to make your sound card work.

Variety options helped me out

IEC958
IEC958PCM

PCM

Fiddling with the mutes and making sure things aren't muted.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Mr Chris Aitken <chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I have a Ubuntu machine:
>
> chris at cpc:~$ cat /etc/lsb-release
> DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
> DISTRIB_RELEASE=8.04
> DISTRIB_CODENAME=hardy
> DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS"
>
> I need to turn up the volume on the computer's soundcard software. I'm not
> talking about the little volume control on the panel. How do I do this?
>
> Chris

Dave Germiquet