PulseAudio

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 17 16:23:08 UTC 2010

Ha! So it finally got to me. So far on my home machine it's been no
problem, so I've been wondering why everyone hates Pulse so much.

Until now. At work we upgraded all the machines to Karmic Koala and
now a lot of them have no sound. If you saw how we do our jobs, you
would understand what a horrifying thing this is ;)

Anyhow, I remember some threads on here a while ago about fixing this
by using good 'ol OSS, but as these are work computers I thought I
would ask before I start trying some of the solutions. Is this really
the tried and true method?

I also found this link. Anyone else solve it like this?

http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1395089

Thanks!

--
TBM