Anyone have a spare monitor?

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 16 15:13:37 UTC 2010

On 2/15/10, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:00:57PM -0500, Colin McGregor wrote:
>> On 2/15/10, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have a 15" CRT Samsung, 1024x768.  It's available free, but I don't
>> > imagine it will be your first choice.  Anyone else want it?  It works
>> > quite well ...
>>
>> This is the sort of hardware I would be steering towards Jon Alexander
>> and the PlanetGeek crowd. Basicly, Jon and company refurbish old PCs
>> (PIII and better), then install Ubuntu on them and finally gives them
>> away via a local foodbank.
>>
>> My involvement with PlanetGeek is to act as instructor, doing an
>> introduction to Ubuntu at the foodbank each time there is a computer
>> give-away... I basicly enjoy playing teacher, so want to see Jon and
>> company with lots of hardware :-) .
>
> Colin, if you come across 3 old (similar sized) SATA harddisks, let me know.

The sort of hardware I'm currently seeing (and the PlanetGeek people
are seeing) is P3 & low end P4 boxes. In other words an area where
EIDE still ruled with an almost iron fist (I don't think I've seen a
PlanetGeek type box with a SATA controller, never mind a SATA drive).
I will keep my eyes open for SATA drives, but don't hold your
breath...

Anyone else on the list know of a source for cheap/free similar sized
SATA drives for William?

Colin.