Anyone have a spare monitor?

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 16 04:00:57 UTC 2010

On 2/15/10, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 15 February 2010 12:23, William O'Higgins Witteman
> <william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Does anyone have a spare monitor?  My cousin's monitor just died, and
>> she doesn't have the budget for a new one right now.  I usually have
>> one, but I recently cleared out the basement.  Thanks.
>
> I have a 15" CRT Samsung, 1024x768.  It's available free, but I don't
> imagine it will be your first choice.  Anyone else want it?  It works
> quite well ...

This is the sort of hardware I would be steering towards Jon Alexander
and the PlanetGeek crowd. Basicly, Jon and company refurbish old PCs
(PIII and better), then install Ubuntu on them and finally gives them
away via a local foodbank.

My involvement with PlanetGeek is to act as instructor, doing an
introduction to Ubuntu at the foodbank each time there is a computer
give-away... I basicly enjoy playing teacher, so want to see Jon and
company with lots of hardware :-) .

Colin McGregor