Old Device, seeking Clarification as to What exactly it is.

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 14 19:27:34 UTC 2010

The Heath scopes were very cost-effective in their day, but they are very,
very obsolete compared to modern units. For example, all scopes today have
DC coupling on the vertical axis and a triggered timebase. So it's not
much use for measurements, but it's interesting as a historical artifact.

You might find a taker on Ebay, but it won't go for much.

Peter

> | From: phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
>
> | You can read about scopes of that era in a paper I wrote:
> | Oscilloscope Development, 1943-1957
> | http://www.syscompdesign.com/AppNote.html#TestEquip
>
> Thanks for that.  Very interesting.
>
> My only scope is a Heathkit IO-12 that I rescued
> <http://www.heathkit.nu/IO-12_1968.jpg>.
>
> I gave another tube scope to the hacklab but they eventually got rid
> of it for space reasons.  I may have to do so with the IO-12.

Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto
http://www.syscompdesign.com
USB Oscilloscope and Waveform Generator
647-839-0325