WorldGaming is looking for a Sr. Linux System Administrator

Ijaaz A. Ullah ijaaz-UwkSZrAjFfdkDLQDXwjzI9BPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 14 18:06:48 UTC 2010

I've posted this to the classified section on the wiki, but I figured
that it'd hit more people this way.

WorldGaming (www.worldgaming.com)  is a social networking site for
console video gamers.

(Xbox, PS3, etc) to meet one-another, talk smack, schedule games, and
participate in head-to-head games and multi-player tournaments for
pride, cash and prizes.  We are a Toronto based startup, with a
growing community in North America and Europe, and expansion plans
into Central and South America and Asia.  We are looking for a
seasoned Linux Administrator to join our team and help us continue to
mature and grow our environments.

At WorldGaming you will work with other smart, passionate,
collaborative and fun people who share your passion for technology.

As the Linux Administrator you will be responsible for day to day
management of the WorldGaming systems (production, staging, QA,
development and corporate IT) . This includes Linux Servers (CentOS),
Load Balancers, NAS, switches, routers and firewall gear.  The
software stack includes Apache, Tomcat, PostgreSQL and Terracotta.
You’ll work on clustering and HA solutions, performance tuning,
24x7x365 (or x366 during a leap year) systems in a b2c space.

Requirements:

- Must have enterprise hands-on experience building, configuring and
maintaining a high-availability enterprise Linux environment utilizing
Apache, Tomcat, SSL and load balancing
- Knowledge of networking architectures and protocols and
troubleshooting tools, ethereal, Wireshark, etc
- Network and system performance tuning
- Comfortable running cables, racking/building servers, and
troubleshooting hardware issues.
- Experience managing network devices including switches, routers,
firewalls, VPNs, load balancers, etc
- Has implemented Bcfg2, Cfengine or puppet in a production environment
- Familiar with VMware/Xen virtulization
- Configured Postfix/Sendmail in HA environment.
- Familiar with Bugzilla, SVN, Nagios, Cacti, shell scripting, LDAP
and Kerberos.  We are open source friendly.
- Experience with databases, namely PostgreSQL
- Participate in the on-call rotation for after hours incident resolution
- 5+ years of progressive experience in system administration in a
distributed Unix/Linux environment
- RHCE would be an asset
- A College diploma or University degree or relevant job experience in
computer science or engineering

To apply, send your resume to jobs-92JtoIHL8UDwvR0lvYjcXw at public.gmane.org