Nvidia or ATI

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 12 14:32:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:42:31AM -0300, Marcelo Cavalcante wrote:
> ATI drivers are much better. That's a fact. But, for how long it will be?
>
> Question? Does your sister enjoy games? Heavy games.. with a lot of 3d?
>
> If not, I would choose an Intel based card. Why?
>
> Intel is one of the big players behind Linux development. They have a lot of
> money behind it. So they do use to maintain great drivers for their cards.
>
> With Intel cards you will probably never have problems with linux.

Except with the recent 'polsboro (sp?)' design, which is very badly
supported (it was apparently a design they got by buying up another
company and it has all sorts of licensed parts in the design that they
are now having issues getting permission to release specs for as far as
I understand the situation).

Other than that I agree.  It's hard to go wrong with intel video (and
usually wireless).

--
Len Sorensen