Xresources question; differentiating between 2 Firefox windows

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 9 01:11:31 UTC 2010

  I'm switching from blackbox to icewm.  Icewm has a winoptions file to
allow different windows to be treated differently.  I have 2 profiles on
Firefox (default with paranoid noscript settings and a "wideopen"
profile for a couple of trusted sites that require javascript, etc).  I
want to make the difference beteen them obvious.

  Is there any commandline parameter that will allow some X resource to
be reliably set such that I can launch the same binary file with
different parameters (i.e. the profile name) and reliably tell them
apart by the X resource?  Aside from a few ID numbers, there doesn't
seem to be anything different at all...

waltdnes at d531 ~ $ xprop > x1
waltdnes at d531 ~ $ xprop > x2
waltdnes at d531 ~ $ diff x1 x2
13,15c13,15
<               bitmap id # to use for icon: 0xc00044
<               bitmap id # of mask for icon: 0xc00045
<               window id # of group leader: 0xc00001
---
>               bitmap id # to use for icon: 0xe0003f
>               bitmap id # of mask for icon: 0xe00040
>               window id # of group leader: 0xe00001
122c122
< _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST_COUNTER(CARDINAL) = 12582979
---
> _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST_COUNTER(CARDINAL) = 14680126
124,126c124,126
< _NET_WM_USER_TIME_WINDOW(WINDOW): window id # 0xc00042
< WM_CLIENT_LEADER(WINDOW): window id # 0xc00001
< _NET_WM_PID(CARDINAL) = 7818
---
> _NET_WM_USER_TIME_WINDOW(WINDOW): window id # 0xe0003d
> WM_CLIENT_LEADER(WINDOW): window id # 0xe00001
> _NET_WM_PID(CARDINAL) = 7842

  Any ideas?