Linux-related jobs in Toronto

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 8 05:02:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Renata Rocha wrote:

> I've gone to workopolis and created a profile, thanks for this tip. :)

I've collected a list of some employment related web sites here:

http://practicalsysadmin.com/wiki/index.php/Job_sites

If you find any good ones I don't have mail me :)

> I have done some speeches in the past, I'm open to new ones.

Great, we'll get you to do a talk at TLUG ;)

> Peter: You said your wife is an ESL teacher. I want to improve my
> english, where does she teach? (Well, I also want French classes, but
> this seems more expensive/difficult)

At least in writing I have to say your English is very good.

> I'd like some tips on IT resumés. HR websites don't seem to agree  if
> your resumé should be extremely detailed or should not last more than
> one page. This kind of information is driving me schizo and I really
> don't know what to write about me, formally.

When I got to Canada I was told not to make it more than about 3 pages.
Mine is longer than that but I have a long employment history to list.
The length hasn't been a problem so far as I can tell.

> Thanks again, you're being very nice and I believe with your help my
> arrival will be a lot easier!

Good luck with everything.  Migration is a big undertaking.  I'm an
immigrant too and I didn't realise how big an undertaking until I got
here.  I've been in Canada seven years next month, so I guess it worked
out for me ;)

Just based on your posts here you seem to have initiative and a positive
outlook so I think you'll do fine when you get to Canada.

Cheers,

Rob

Email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
IRC: Solver
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy