OT: PHP JIT/Compiler - massive speedup

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 3 02:01:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Pete Lancashire <pete-6NP59FE1ho9MFQD/ygXjfdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> not linux but may be of interest
>
> http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebook_gets_faster_debuts_homegrown_php_compiler.php

>From the article: "In fact, it turns out that the PHP source code is
getting translated first into C++ and then compiled with g++."

Hmm, it sounds like it's intended for a 'nix platform as it's using
the Gnu compiler, so it sounds pretty linuxy to me.  I wonder if it
would even compile properly on windows systems

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support

“Even enemies will help each other if they are together on a boat that
is in trouble. ” – Sun Tzu