Another Reason I Love Linux

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 1 13:52:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010, Jason Carson wrote:

> Yep, it's great. I use my Linux box as a router, mail server, web server
> (LAMP), and file server. Been using it for years and it has never let me
> down.

It's been 16 years since I started using Linux.  I left MS-DOS on the disk
for another couple of years so play some games (that wouldn't work in
DosEmu) but after a couple of years I reclaimed the space.

I haven't regretted my decision once.

I am sure that working in the OSS/Linux world has reduced my stress levels
as I used to find it stressful when MS would hide system level details
from me when I was trying to resolve a problem.  In the OSS/Linux world I
can dig as deep as I need to, to find out what is going on.

Cheers,

Rob

Email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
IRC: Solver
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy