ssh scp question

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 30 21:45:18 UTC 2010

On 10-12-30 04:22 PM, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> On 10-12-30 04:15 PM, Tyler Aviss wrote:
>> DNS settings?
>>
>> I found that SSH can go *really* slow if your DNS is a bit messed up,
>> especially if firewall rules are messing with it (I believe it was
>> something with RDNS lookups).
>
> that 2 for dns setting =) ...i am on a LAN on the same network, however
> my laptop linux is running on a vmware image on win7 so possiblly this
> has something to do with dns name resolution
>
> i wonder if i were to bridge the network on my vm-image rather than use
> nat if that would fix things up, going to give this a try!
>
> thanks for the hint guys

that fixed my problem, fast as the other box now

FYI: set vm network connection to bridge and checked the "replicate
physical network"

thanks again!

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

GNU/Linux: 2.6.35-23-generic
Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | KDE 4.5.1
Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.3