Weird quotas issue

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 30 18:28:48 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I've recent been experiencing some odd quota issues on a few boxes at
the office.
/home is on an XFS filesystem, mounted "rw,usrquota" (same as
everywhere else here)

On other boxen, having no quota set (or quota=0), means that the user
us not subject to quota restrictions. However, after my co-worker
began setting quotas on this box, something has gone awry.
For example, I'm getting this...

joe at dra:/home/samba$ quota -s
Disk quotas for user joe (uid 20368): none

joe at dra:/home/samba$ touch foo
touch: cannot touch `foo': Disk quota exceeded

Anyone know what might be up here?