IP Address numbers

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 30 17:35:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:25 PM, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> David van Geest wrote:
>>
>> Just a guess, but perhaps it is denoting that the domain in question
>> resolves to multiple IPs?  So the above resolves to the given IP and
>> one additional.
>
> I suspect as much too, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

I'd be surprised if it weren't.  From the changelog:

[-- quote --]
  v0.8.03
  - s/more/+/
[-- /quote --]

After trying it out, right-clicking on the address shows the
alternates... for example, I get "74.125.226.80 +4" from google.ca and
right clicking the visible address shows the 4 additional addresses (5
total).  Seems like a reasonable explanation for +n to me.

You may need to contact the bug address (jdi at l4x.org) or create an
issue to be sure; I took a look at the Google Code project* but didn't
see any mailing lists or other contact info.

All the best,
- Scott.

* <http://code.google.com/p/firefox-showip/>

--