Does rsync delete unmatched files by default?

David van Geest david.vangeest-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 21 01:49:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>  My question is about future backups.  If I delete a file from the
> source, will it be deleted from the destination during my next sync?
> The script I use is below...

I've been using rsync pretty regularly for the last couple weeks, and
have noticed that it does not delete the files in the destination if
they've been deleted from the source.  You could always just try it on
your own machine (maybe with two test folders and some garbage files)
to be double sure....

-David