Thanks.

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 17 17:18:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010, Kevin Cozens wrote:

> something else. It was interesting to read some of the comments. One comment
> stated the writer considered Python to be a "toy" language. Another related

In my experience that says more about the person saying it than the
application/language/OS that they are saying it about.

People get real work done in Python and have for many years so any claims
it is a 'toy' is at best biased.

Disclaimer: I haven't done any coding in Python but it is on my list of
things to learn.  I have a couple of projects in mind which Python may be
suitable for.

> I like the above two (particularly the Golding quote). I wasn't so impressed
> by the Babbage quote.

I loved the Babbage quote.  I've had people ask me questions like that and
I wish I had responded as well as Babbage did :)

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org		Linux counter ID #16440