Smithsonian Celebrates COBOL's 50th Anniversary With New Site

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 16 22:57:29 UTC 2010

I'll jump in on this. You don't have to be a math whiz, but often being good
with patterns/logic is very useful.

IMHO, coding is great for NOT doing math. Drop the formula in a function and
let the computer do the work. Name/comment your code well and you don't have
to remember all those pesky formulas...

Code is kinda like spreadsheets but better: a way to get a lot of
calculations done with a minimum of input/remembering, and a lot of accuracy
(so long as you watch for rounding and old Pentium processors)