KVM-based VPS hosting

Andrew Malcolmson andmalc-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 14 15:27:18 UTC 2010

I've been using Linode to host a Debian VPS and love the support
tools, the fast network connection, and processing speed (faster than
any machine I'll ever own).  However I have found Xen a hassle
(obscure errors when booting a custom kernel) and want to move to
KVM-based hosting.

I now have an image at Perfohost, a Montreal KVM provider.  While
their support was helpful in getting me over some self-induced setup
issues, the network connection and processing are slow.

I know Rackspace and others are developing OpenStack, an open source
cloud hosting infrastructure which supports KVM but doesn't seem to be
ready for commercial use.

Any others out there, preferably Canadian?