Web development editor

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 9 06:20:00 UTC 2010

On 10-12-07 12:53 AM, Jason Carson wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 02:36:40 -0500
>> "Jason Carson"<jason-HjkH5KTEMfuEjziKL+yzSg at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> What are my options for web page editors on Linux (I am currently using
>>> Ubuntu 10.10). I know of Bluefish and Quanta Plus. Are there any others?
>>> Which is generally considered the best?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jason
>>
>> Jason,
>>
>>     I like Bluefish a lot, as well as emacs.
>>
>>     If you want GUI, you can always look into Amaya.  My notes are here...
>>
>>     http://home.eol.ca/~hgibson/Amaya.html
>>
>>     I love vi most of the time, but it sticks tabs into the line.
>>
>> --
>> Howard Gibson
>> hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
>> howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
>> http://home.eol.ca/~hgibson
>> --
>> The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
>>
> Thanks, I'll take a look at your notes.
>
> I have just installed vim so I am going to play around with it tomorrow.
> I'll be sure to give emacs a try too.
>
> Thanks to everyone who chimed in. I will take a look at all of your
> suggestions over the next few days and see which editor I like best.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jason

FYI: emacs is not a walk in the park kind of get to know the editor, you
really need to spend some time to get to know what it can do! it takes a
while to ramp-up on, and a bit of effort to set things up.

if you're going to be coding it's a great editor, very extensible!

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsNewbie

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

GNU/Linux: 2.6.35-22-generic
Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | KDE 4.5.1
Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.1