OT: Rogers oddity???

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 8 22:25:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:08 PM,  <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I received a letter from Bell that states they have to pay me back $67 and
> that I'd probably rather get a $67 discount on a product or service of my
> choice. It sounds like Rogers is in the same predicament. I think it's some
> fund the CRTC had required companies to hold for future use, but now have to
> distribute back to all home phone users.
>
>> Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:36:51 -0500
>> Subject: [TLUG]: OT: Rogers oddity???
>> From: cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
>> To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
>>
>> Yeah, this is a bit off topic; not sure where else to ask where there
>> would be geographically-relevant folk...
>>
>> I got an odd call from Rogers this morning; they were trying to offer
>> me $50 to not accept any other discounts from Rogers between now and
>> February 2011. That seemed more than sufficiently suspicious to me
>> that I declined the kind offer. They're not going to be offering such
>> purely for my benefit, so it seems unlikely that there isn't something
>> lurking that's worth >>$50.
>>
>> Has anyone else heard similar, or heard of other deals lurking?
>> Perhaps there's some CRTC ruling that will require that they offer
>> something in January, and they're working to cut it off at the pass?
>> --
>> http://linuxfinances.info/info/linuxdistributions.html
>> --
>> The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://gtalug.org/

It's probably related to the CRTC-mandated rebate....
  http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/08/31/crtc-deferral-account-phone.html

John, your call from Bell might be about this one, which Bell in
trouble for as per here:
  http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2010/11/30/con-bell-rebate.html
--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support

“It can takes months to gain a customer, but only seconds to lose one"