rsync backup

Alex Volkov avolkov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 7 21:58:09 UTC 2010

Question 1:

May I suggest rdiff-backup, it's a wrapper around rsync that stores
incremental changes. Much more safe and user friendly

Question 2:
Have you tried 'lsusb -v' ? There was a script that parsed the output
showing a nice usb device tree with the respective speeds of each branch,
but I can't find it right now.