api.opendesktop.org Prompt

Alex Gabriel alexgabriel-CzeTG9NwML0 at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 7 18:34:39 UTC 2010

I haven't been able to find any information on this issue on the web so
I thought I would ask here.

Every time I log into Kubuntu 10.10 using the netbook workspace, I
receive a prompt asking for login credentials for api.opendesktop.org

This comes up whenever I reboot the system, after I see the KDE Wallet
prompt to enter the KDE Wallet password to connect to either a wired or
wireless connection.

I've checked the KDE Wallet manager, and it only lists one entry, under
the Network Management system.  I assume this is the information
required for my network connection at work.  I've not entered my
wireless data yet, though I'm sure that will create another entry.

So far I've noted the following:

1. The prompt only appears when authenticating to the KDE Wallet.
2. The prompt does not appear when using the Desktop workspace.
3. There appears to be, from my limited knowledge of the KDE interface,
a connection between the wallet and the OpenDesktop.org system.

I could understand this prompt being displayed if there was a widget
installed from OpenDesktop, but this is a clean install with only
Thunderbird added to the system.

I realize I can get rid of the Netbook workspace and go to the Desktop
workspace, but I would prefer not to do that.

Any assistance/information would be appreciated.
--
Alex Gabriel
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get