Web development editor

Lance F. Squire lance-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 7 16:07:42 UTC 2010

Jason Carson wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> What are my options for web page editors on Linux (I am currently using
> Ubuntu 10.10). I know of Bluefish and Quanta Plus. Are there any others?
> Which is generally considered the best?

I've used  DreamWeaver, Nvu, Screem, and now Quanta Plus. Tried Amya,
BlueFish etc. They all have there pluses and minuses.

I went with most of those because of the WYSIWYG ability, however, I
find I hardly use that anymore even in Quanta. Partly because its page
render dosen't do the job. I usually end up opening the file on a
browser or three and viewing the WYG there. (Edit, save, switch to
browser, update. repeat)

All of them have failed me at times. Quanta is nice cause it adds
closing tags automatically and tries to match them when editing.
However, sometimes it gets confused and changes the wrong closing tag
and makes a right mess of things. When This happens I have to open the
code in a test editor and manually repair the damage.

Lance F. Squire