Web development editor

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 6 16:47:51 UTC 2010

Jason Carson wrote:
> What are my options for web page editors on Linux (I am currently using
> Ubuntu 10.10). I know of Bluefish and Quanta Plus. Are there any others?

The first web page editor for Linux which comes to mind is Nvu
(http://www.nvu.com) which I looked at briefly some time back and it looked
interesting for a GUI based editor. There is also KompoZer
(http://www.kompozer.net/) which I have only heard about and have never
looked at or tried to use.

> Which is generally considered the best?

Ask two people which is best and you will probably get three opinions. :-)

For me, my favourite web page editor is called vi. All the web pages I have
created were made using it.