Gnumeric graph settings won't stick... ARRRRRRGH

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 4 05:11:13 UTC 2010

  I have a Gnumeric spreadsheet with a few tabs of data, and a few
graphs.  On most graphs, the year comes up as 1990.000, 1995.000,
2000.000, etc, etc.  Most of the graphs have the X-axis labels come up
properly, i.e.  on the bottom of the graph, but some graphs have the
labels along the intercept of the Y-axis zero value.

  Yes, I can change the settings to something reasonable... *BUT AFTER
I SAVE AND CLOSE AND RE-OPEN THE SPREADSHEET IT GOES BACK TO THE WEIRD
SETTINGS THAT I DON'T LIKE*.  I checked all the settings I could see,
and tried some Google searching, but no luck.  What am I doing wrong?