ups power supply

Scott Allen mlxxxp-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 1 22:34:26 UTC 2010

On 1 December 2010 16:56, Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Well I had $100 gift card and went to futureshop and got the following
> UPS http://bit.ly/gIMJoe

Since this UPS outputs a "Stepped approximation to a sinewave" instead
of a true sinewave. (As has been mentioned before,) you may have
trouble if it's used with anything with an active PFC power supply.

> The battery can be pulled out easily and replaced.

The battery pack for this thing looks expensive. Then again, it may
just two standard size batteries joined with some custom connector
hardware.

> However it claims on the site, 'Up to 121 minutes runtime' which I
> don't believe!, this much be on sleep mode =P

According the the graph on APCs web site, it will run that long with
about a 50W resistive load. With a more realistic 250W load, its more
like 20 minutes.

--
Scott