NCIX grand opening sale

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 29 18:07:34 UTC 2010

| From: vertaxis <vertaxis-fLiV7HKGQdk at public.gmane.org>

| Is this a full store selling current stock, or is it a clearance warehouse
| like the TigerDirect stores?

Tiger Direct stores are not warehouses, except in market-speak.

They are regular stores.  I understand that TD has a separate GTA
warehouse.  At least some TD stores have had areas where they
sell "open box" stuff.

Oddly, TD stores don't always honour TD online prices.  And they
certainly don't carry everything.

TD created its Canadian footprint by buying a Canadian company that
dealt with businesses, not consumers.  This did create a bit of
culture clash.  Mind you TD wants to do that too.

Some of the most interesting things TD sells are end-of-line products or
factory refubs.  I guess TD has a scale that lets them deal with big
lumps of inventory that manufacturers wish to flush.