NCIX grand opening sale

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 28 04:00:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 03:00:38PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> So tomorrow (Saturday the 27th), NCIX is having a grand opening sale.
> Might be worth checking out.
>
> I am sure most people that build their computers from parts have heard of
> them.  For everyone else they are a very very large computer parts
> supplier from vancouver (where they have a relail store, in addition to
> warehouses full of parts).
>
> They are opening an Ontario store in Markham at woodbine and highway 7
> (so conviniently 5 minutes from my house).  I guess now that BC and
> Ontario have HST, there is no longer a benefit in not having to charge
> PST to out of province purchasers, and they might as well have a local
> store for all their Ontario customers.
>
> Info here: http://source.ncix.com/eblast/eblast-in-store-firstmarkham/index.html
>
> They already have a warehouse in Markham, which happens to have a showroom
> where people can see some items, but this is an actual store to go along
> with the four stores in BC.
>
> I guess Canada Computers will get some competition now.

I'm not sure about that.  NCIX prices are awefully high, almost like
Tigerdirect.  After browsing a bit, I found their website very
confusing, and pictures too small.  Flip side is, Infonec (at their head
office) and Canada Computers do have aweful service and manner.  Welcome
to commodity retail!

--
William