[mythtv-gta]: Is 54Mbit wireless like "hub" or "switch"?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 27 14:27:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 02:12:21AM -0400, William Park wrote:
> It seems that wiring is more complicated than I first thought.  That's
> because, location of antenna, point of entry, TVs, and computers are
> all over the place.  The wiring is getting messy.
>
> I went with wireless home network, precisely because I wanted to avoid
> all those messy ethernet wirings.  Now, for HDTV, I'm faced with the
> same problem, but without easy solution.

Well certainly HD streams are no problem at all on 802.11n 5GHz.  I use
that.  HD streams seem ok with 802.11g if you only have one user and
a very good card (I have a Ralink RT2800 based card, which is actually
802.11n and 5ghz capable, but the 2.6.32 kernel driver only does 802.11bg
so far, but it was very good reception).

--
Len Sorensen