Is 54Mbit wireless like "hub" or "switch"?

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 27 02:57:52 UTC 2010

i can almost say for sure, if a wireless router has wired ports,
those will be rated independant of the wireless rating.
i would fully expect, and very much believe i do, get wireless G speeds,
and 100mb/10mb sustained on the wired ports, irregardless of whats happening on the wireless "side" of the
device. it is possible with a cheaper device, that the calculations involved with the device, vpn, nat, etc
can impact it, but the wired side should usually behave like a standard swith, not related to any
rating of wireless performance.
so this is addressing your very last "rotten old wires" statement. but for the most part, before that, all
wireless sharing in the 54Mps, that I think is mostly the case.

tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>