Plug computers

Stewart Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 25 16:02:28 UTC 2010

On 25 August 2010 10:12, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Debian armel is still armv4.  So running current software is no problem.

Yes, but SheevaPlugs such as mine came running Ubuntu 9.xx, and there
is no later Ubuntu flavour that supports ARM5. Upgrading the kernel/OS
on a SheevaPlug is far from trivial; USB serial terminals,
specially-formatted SD cards, carefully-timed reboots and keypresses
are all in order. The documentation and process may have got slightly
easier in the last few months, but it's still not something I'd want
to do unless I had a pressing reason to do so and a couple of
distraction-free hours in which to do it.

 Stewart

--
http://scruss.com/blog/