help with understanding a BASH warning

Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar alexandre.alencar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 18 18:12:56 UTC 2010

When this happen for a local shell, it's because the desired location
was not installed...

For all my systems, I use to install pt_BR, pt_BR.UTF-8, en_US,
en_US.UTF-8 just because I had this problem in the past and I fixed
installing missing locale files

You should see a line like (for en_US sample)

... warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US): No such
file or directory

Check it out

Alexandre Alencar
http://blog.alexandrealencar.net/