help with understanding a BASH warning

Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar alexandre.alencar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 18 16:58:09 UTC 2010

Hi Bob,

It sounds like you ssh server define which environment variables an
user can send.

Server side: /etc/ssh/sshd_config look for AcceptEnv - manpage sshd_config(5)
Client side: /etc/ssh/ssh_config or ~/.ssh/config look for SendEnv -
manpage ssh_config(5)

When the client log in at the server, it send all the environment
variables it was configured to send, but server may accept or not
according to it's configuration.

Best Regards,

Alexandre Alencar
http://blog.alexandrealencar.net/