help with understanding a BASH warning

bob 295 icanprogram-sKcZck+fQKg at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 18 13:20:15 UTC 2010

I want to understand what this warning is all about.    If I understand things
"setlocale" is a function in the C library.   Since I'm not running any C
code,  I'm assuming that the BASH interpreter itself is calling this function
to set its locale.    Why the warning?

Thanks in advance for your help.

bob