cheapish PCIe card with TV-out [was Re: Re: A MythTV building workshop?]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 12 19:13:38 UTC 2010

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 05:57:46PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
| > Analogue video support ("TV out") doesn't seem to be available in newer
| > cards.

| My 8600GT has composite and svideo (NTSC) and component (in HD only),
| output.  I guess an 8600 is a couple of generations old by now though.

Here is a cheap deal ($24.99 today, 28.99 otherwise, free delivery in
GTA) for a PCI-e card that will do S-Video out.  I don't think that
the performance will be great.  It might well be sufficient.  This is
fanless.  No HDMI out.

<http://www.bewawa.com/zotac-video-card-7200gs-cache-512mb-256mb-physical-ddr2-dvi-vga-s-vide-lp-rtl.html>

It comes with plates to allow it to be full height or low profile.  I
figured this out from the Newegg listing (Zotac's site isn't helpful).
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500165>

If you don't need analogue-out (and perhaps even if you do) there are
likely better options.  For instance, I just bought a fanless Radeon
HD 5450 card for about $10 more (but it involved a rebate).