local imap server on my laptop

Matt Price moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 11 13:29:09 UTC 2010

hi,

i'm getting fed up ith evolution and thinking about switching to thunderbird
for mail, but thunderbird doesn't read Maildir folders (!) which i currently
use with wanderlust in emacs (i split my time btwn emacs and the outside
world).  One solution would be to run an IMAP server that tells just
interprets the maildirs for tbird, but my laptop, though quite new, is
already starting to groan and creak under the weight of all the stuff I
run.  Can osmeone reocmmend a really lightweight imap server that isn't too
hard ot set up?  I just need to serve one user's folders, mostly my archived
mail, which is all saved together in a giant folder, so ithere are no
complex structures or anything.

Easy to set up and administer is a plus, too.  thanks a million!

matt