network card/driver not loading

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 7 01:31:00 UTC 2010

On 10-08-05 07:38 PM, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> guys i put my kubuntu to sleep on ram, then i hit the power and
> proceeded to do a hard power off holding down the power button, not
> good, i know =P i realized i was very late for work ... anyways when i
> boot-up now i don't got any network, doing an ifconfig i don't see
> eth0 which explains why no network
>
> how can i fix this? i tried: sudo ifup eth0, but i get back 'ignoring
> unknown interface'

ok I am back online thanks to some support on the ubuntu forum.

does anyone know how I can repair "reinstall" the core-ubuntu system
packages using synaptic (is there a meta package?), my DVD drive is
truly dead so I can't do anything with it right now.

i had to reinstall firefox to get it working again, maybe there are
other messed up binaries?

cheers!