OT: Teksavvy Cable

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 5 02:36:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Slack Rat <slacker-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> "D. Hugh Redelmeier" a écrit profondement:
>
> | | From: Slack Rat <slacker-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org>
>>
> | | But Rogers have a free wifi which admittedly is slow, but at least it's
> | | free so I'm thinking of dropping Teksavvy
>>
> | What do you mean by "have a free wifi"?
>

> Whois  99.232.78.156
>

> | Are
> | they offering subscribers free access to WiFi hotspots around town?
>
> I have no idea what they are doing elsewhere, but I can get free wifi -
> scan for WLAN

If you're just scanning for other people's routers to find ones that
haven't been secured, then you're essentially 'leeching' off others
that are paying for service.

You can't expect that to happen consistently, and there's got to be
*someone* that's paying $50-odd-something per month.

It's not "free access" - it's full priced access where you just happen
not to be the one that is paying that price.