OT: Teksavvy Cable

meng meng-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 3 20:55:33 UTC 2010

>From http://fixppp.org/index.php?p=about:

Tomato/MLPPP is a fork of the popular Tomato firmware (http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato) for consumer broadband routers. The primary goal is to enable users to bond multiple DSL connections using MultiLink PPP (MLPPP), and/or to circumvent Bell Canada's DPI-based throttling by using MLPPP on a single DSL line.

Obviously, your ISP must support MLPPP in order for this firmware to be of any use. Currently, only TekSavvy (http://teksavvy.com), Velcom (http://www.velcom.ca), and Caneris (http://caneris.com) are known to support this. Acanac (http://www.acanac.ca) and Electronic Box (http://www.electronicbox.net) are currently working on enabling MLPPP support, to various degrees.

I'm using Tomato/MLPPP on my WRT54GL and I'm happy with what I get.
But then, if I get up to 10Mbps and at only a dollar more monthly,,,
that's not counting installation and modem costs :-)

Meng