somewhat OT. What do people think of Telus

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 30 15:58:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Fabio FZero <fabio.fzero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm interested too. I'll probably get a post-paid account this month
> and since everybody hates Rogers and Bell, I'd like to know if you
> people hate Telus equally.

Those that I know that use Telus despise them to a very similar degree
to which others despise Rogers and Bell.  As commented downstream,
they all exist in the same captive regulatory environment, so there is
plenty of reason for them to be exceedingly similar in how they treat
customers.

They are all regulated, organized, and financed in mighty similar
ways, and fit into the telephony environment in essentially similar
ways, so any differences that emerge seem pretty temporary.

People have coined the term "Robellus" to characterize all three at once.