Phone interoperability Europe-Canada

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 21 15:09:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 04:15:29PM +0200, Slack Rat wrote:
> This request is for landline telephones and not cellular telephones
> ("mobiles" or "handys" to most europeans) where one only has to juggle
> SIM Cards - supposing they have a quad band telephone.
>
> But is it possible that a European Land Line telephone set might work
> when connected to a Canadian phone service provider please?
>
> I wasn't able to find anything on the net

Well given there are modems that work almost everywhere in the world,
I don't see why it shouldn't be possible, given the right plug adapter.
It may however not be legal.  Some countries have strict regulations on
what can and can not be connected to a phone line (Australia is completely
paranoid for example, and the UK is up there too).

--
Len Sorensen