SPF and caching DNS

Terrence Enger tenger-P1ovA8G34VBEfu+5ix1nRw at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 19 12:15:07 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Saturday, after an outage of the DNS provided by my ISP, I
installed bind9.  It is set up as a caching server, that is to
say I did not define any domains.

The next emails I sent were rejected for violation of SPF rules.
For now, I have turned off SPF, but I would like to be able to
turn it on again.

I wonder what I did wrong.  First of all, I thought that my
firewall should hide my local DNS entirely from the internet,
however horribly I misconfigured the local DNS.

Suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Terry.