Other user groups.

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 14 14:40:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Richard Weait <richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Does anyone know what has happened to the following groups:
>> - Hamilton Open Source User Group
>
> HOSUG has been on hiatus for some time.  I'm not aware of attempts to
> revive HOSUG.
>
> Hamilton LUG is still active, but use of the linked forum is uneven.
> See the google group for meeting announcements.
> http://groups.google.ca/group/hamilton-linux-user-group-announcements
>
> Drupal Group - Waterloo Region.  Third Thursdays in Kitchener.
> http://groups.drupal.org/Waterloo-region
>
> Toronto OpenStreetMap Enthusiasts - irregular meetings.
> http://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Toronto/
>
> Waterloo region OpenStreetMap Enthusiasts - irregular meetings.
> http://www.meetup.com/Waterloo-OSM/

The above have now been dealt with in the
http://gtalug.org/wiki/Toronto_opensource_computing_groups page.

The Free Software and Open Source Symposium was previously dealt with
on the http://gtalug.org/wiki/Events page.

> FSOSS - Free Software and Open Source Symposium - Annual conference
> http://fsoss.senecac.on.ca/

I have been unable to locate a website that officially announces a
2010 date for the Ontario GNU Linux Fest. Once that is posted I would
be happy to add it to the events page.

> Ontario GNU Linux Fest - Annual conference and trade show.
> http://onlinux.ca/

Colin.