Ununseptium - New kid on the periodic table

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 11 20:01:47 UTC 2010

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, William Muriithi wrote:

> For those with a lot if chemistry background, its time to update what
> we know about periodic table, as a new element was recently added.
> More info here
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ununseptium

I'm hoping we'll find an "island of stability" among heavier elements (as
has been theorised).  If that does occur it may open up new possibilities
for chemistry.

Similarly if strange matter were found to be stable under some
circumstances the possibilities would be staggering.

Cheers,

Rob

Email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
IRC: Solver
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
Open Source: The revolution that silently changed the world