Any experiences with ATSC TV tuner cards?

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 7 12:44:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 01:36:47AM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote
>
>> The HDHomeRun is available in both single and dual tuner versions. A
>> restriction of the HDHomeRun is that it can NOT do NTSC analog TV.
>
>  Not an issue.  Even now, the only Toronto station *NOT* broadcasting
> in digital is TVO 19.  They plan to delay the switchover till the last
> minute, August 31, 2011.  All the other Toronto stations are
> broadcasting both modes, and the Buffalo stations are digital-only.

Not quite true. Channel 15 (WBNF-CA) is a low powered analog only
religious TV station operating out of Buffalo, NY. I have received
WBNF-CA, always with more snow than signal, but it can be received in
Toronto. While not getting  WBNF-CA would not be an issue for me (why
get upset over something I would never get well), the lack of TVO and
the inability to connect older analog only equipment to my Linux box
would be an issue...

I have been helping to maintain the GTALug MythTV web page:

http://gtalug.org/wiki/MythTV

Some of the hardware bits and external links could be of interest to you...

Colin A McGregor
colin-+7+y8uhm9Opg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org