Any experiences with ATSC TV tuner cards?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 7 03:00:13 UTC 2010

  Long story short... I want/need the most sensitive ATSC tuner
available for recording TV off the air, without the price getting
ridiculous..  I currently have a Windows XP based USB external unit.
It's getting quite old, as is XP.

  I'd prefer something linux-based (obviously).  I can go with either
standalone or a USB or PCI card and simple software.  I do *NOT* want
TIVO or MYTH.  I should't need no steenkin SQL database just to record
an afternoon movie at home while I'm away at work.