Spiders and crawlers

Mike Oliver moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 6 09:43:45 UTC 2010

Quoting Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 5:26 PM,  <phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>>> "By rewriting the harddrive’s firmware, APDB can operate in the most
>>> performant mode possible"
>>
>> Holy <deleted>. Do you want some third party fiddling around with the
>> firmware on your hard drive?. Not me, thanks.
>
> Everyone should realize that the APDB article was released Four Days
> Ago.  One might imply how seriously to take it from that ;-).

I don't think I would have figured it out on my own, but this link
was prominently featured:
http://www.newcougar.org/forums/lounge/143524-april-fools-web.html#post1732645
.

I think there's a limit to how subtle you really ought to make an
April Fools' joke.  But maybe that just proves I'm not one of the
in crowd who's *supposed* to get it.