Spiders and crawlers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 5 20:38:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 01:35:26PM -0400, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> And I often wonder why some people like answering a question with a totally
> unrelated (and in many cases, irrelevant) answer?
> MySQL is a tiny detail to this issue, it could as easily be any generic SQL
> database and in this situation I don't have a choice. I was just giving a
> hint to how the final data would have to be presented.

So a sensible approach is to just say "Using a database to store the
results".  Stating mysql already shows a fundamental flaw in the plan.

There is always choice.  Being to lazy to tell people they are asking
for the wrong thing should not be a choice however.

> Sheesh.
>
> > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Well I haven't ever done that. :)
> >

> So why did you bother answering?

To try and make the world a better place by slowly correcting the above
consistent stupidity.

It's like people who just assume running Windows on a machine is the
solution and doesn't even need to be considered.

--
Len Sorensen